Monday, August 13, 2007

NY Gift Show

So, I said I wasn't going to go...but we did and we did great!

Today, the three of us took the train into NYC and attended the NY International Gift Fair. It went so much better than I expected, I was quite happy.

Going into NYC by train always makes me a little nervous, and I didn't know how Simon at 11 months old was going to like the hour and twenty minute train ride. He actually did great!

Paul and I walked around the gift show wearing Simon in a ZoloWear Ring Sling (Paul) and pouch (me). Dontcha know that there are *no strollers* allowed on the showroom floor. I saw a few other babies and their moms looked pretty miserable...get thee to a babywearing store madam!

We found a bunch of beautiful items...cute footie outfits made of bamboo fabric, unique wooden toys, wonderfully soft blankets of various materials, gorgeous frames, beautiful items made from recycled sweaters, and three different sets of *adorable* hats and booties! We also got to meet with a few of the vendors we have been working with over the past few months, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to the show, and it was certainly worth it.

We're quite pleased that the day went so well, and hopefully it will encourage us to go into NY more often :)


Blanket made from recycled sweaters

No comments: